Saturday, July 11, 2009

Realized


Brasil- has held me today..has been cradling me and showing me that its ok to feel love here. From the people I have met to the sun and the kisses the rain sprinkles on me every now and then. We are all babies and its alright to allow someone else or something else to take care of you because later in life you will take care of someone.

At first it was so weird to feel so much love here from all the people, especially my host mom Angelica. I wonder does she really care for me or happy cause she is receiving money. It could be a combination of both. But her love to me is sincere, she has this ora ( spelled wrong..lol) about herself that transcends love to anyone in her presence. This women never has a frown on her a face and often times doesn’t sleep. She has no idea what time it is even though she wears a watch everyday, she just lives. I hope to capture her sincerity and her happiness because it seems the receipt for a happy life. She has taught me so much about Brazil and the language, with her infinite amount of patience we have long conversations everyday. I am re-learning the importance of family time. I am not taking meals for granted because they take some much preparations. We sit at the table for hours eating slowly and talking. 

I am excited to put into practice the numerous things I have learned and number one is sitting at a dinner table with family and friends for hours just talking and eating!


This tree grows from the roots up. I forgot the name, but it grows when birds poop on it. INTERESTING!

My weekend ( july 4 and 5) was spent at Praia do Forte-( which means for of the beach) :

1)We visited the castle of Garcia D'Avila he once owned over 3/4 of Brasil.He was the one who brought coco nuts to Brasil, which i believe he got from India. But its crazy because on every corner there is someone selling coco nuts, water, and milk. Also inside the castle there were slaves jails, very memorable! 

2) lots of mosquito’s 

3) very touristic…wouldn’t stay longer than a weekend there 

4) the turtle part was real interesting and cool 

5) beach was dirty but still cool to chill there

 6) lots of different animals in water..ugg

7) ice cream “sovette” was amazing, went to this place called fruity tutty..it was so amazing! Highlight of this trip! 

8) oh ya, at the castle there was all this African art work..pictures below:


Sign at entrance^^                                                    Model of how the castle use to look^^^


Work of Art^^^^                                          Remainders of the old castle^^^



Turtle sign^^^                                    A small turtle that stuck its head out^^^


A skeleton of an old turtle.They are famous here for being so BIG & a shell shaped bathroom^

Also we went to Clara parents summer house and ate lunch there. Clara is the director of the program and oversees everything. She is a character for lack of a better word. lol


 Cool art work on their house, i think Iemanjá ( water goddess)& friends and I chilling


 This is the hostel we stayed in, it was really nice & me chilling in the Hammock 


We stayed in the camarão ( shrimp)^^^ ^^     Clara told us" everyone will have their own bed and closet."...lol these are lockers or cubby holes..lol


 Friends and I trying to tan                    Self explanatory...lol. FYI i do miss home tho ( a lil bit)





1 comment: