Friday, February 4, 2011

Moving Forward

I know its been a while, but things got pretty busy for me. Going home for the holidays, nights in London, studying for finals, packing, saying goodbyes, moving, becoming stranded in Portugal because waiting for papers from Brazilin embassy, and getting ready for France. Yeah, I am bless through it all. I wouldn’t trade my worries and problems in for the world. It's funny how when we are going through something in life we think we are the only ones going through it, or we have the whole world on our shoulders. And then we act all surprise when we get through it like we haven’t tried the whole time to get pass it, like we are surprised in ourselves that we actually made it through. Funny right? I’m sure it's not funny during the time we are going through one, but it is.

I feel I am at a good place in my life. I am finding time to just reflect. With reflection comes growth.

I must admit it was hard to say goodbye to everyone in Coimbra Portugal, harder than I had attended. I may not have enjoyed the location of my 6 months but I will not forget the friendships I made in that short amount of time. I guess in leaving I felt like I was selfish for allowing them to let me enter their life their hearts, knowing that I would only leave in February. It hurts me to know that I’ve met people who have just been genuinely nice and amazing to me, just because they choose to. It takes action and work to be someone’s friend.

With all this time on my hands I am learning to relax, allow the days to come and drag out. Get so tired with doing nothing that at 7 pm you are yawning from nothing and being alright with that. That has always been so hard for me, but my other life back on campus in Madison is completely the opposite, so busy I am scheduling me time and when I will be able to eat with friends. I’m across the ocean and my life has literally switched from the hectic business with school and extra things to the long days of nothing. I currently have no classes until I get to Brazil, but that won’t be for a few more weeks. So for now I am enjoying this little break.

Well trying to.

No comments:

Post a Comment