Friday, February 25, 2011

Catching up...

In order to catch up to where I am I have to go back. So I went to Aveiro, Portugal for a week after my program was over. It was a really nice and friendly there. Loved the sweets.
And then I traveled to France with my friend Marine and her father. 12 hour car ride.
We're getting closer!
Bom apetite!
A French desert other than a crepe.
Mash potato maker, we need one of theses in the States.

So I had a really amazing time in Poitiers, France with my friend Marine and her family. It was great to get away from Portugal and the city traffic etc. she lived in the country which was great and relaxing for me. We went to the center of the city it was really nice and close knit.


The little Norte Dome of Poitier

Vans and a UCLA back pack, I thought I was in Cali for a second.

We went to this club that had a open mic of artists fridays and saturdays, this night it was mostly reggae but I really liked it. I really enjoyed the saxophonist.

And then I went to Paris France for a few days
Me and the Eiffel Tower
up close

I had a really great time in Paris France. Past all of my expectations. Its a such beautiful black city I must say and the food is amazing! Next time I go to visit I will have to learn more french words.
I went to the Norte Dame
This was probably one of the best moments of traveling to Paris for me
Famous author Richard Wright use to live in this apartment building

France in general was a very great and humbling experience for me. I appreciate the people, the food and the historical buildings. I hope to come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment