Saturday, October 30, 2010

Aulas

One half of my classroom

Classes=aulas are going, sometimes I feel like I’m not learning anything and other days I’m excited and energize and feel like I am learning so much. But hey, that’s class anywhere right? The class structure is different here, for one there is none. People talk whenever the class subject goes from one thing to the next. I must say I prefer the structure in a classroom. It would be hard to be a language teacher especially my class because every student has different needs and are at different levels of Portuguese. Many of the students in the class are graduate students and are taking the course because they have a Portuguese boyfriend of husband. I feel like most of the stuff is all about what you do on your own time. I spent like three hours by myself studying Portuguese grammar and I felt like “wow I taught my self more than what my week of 30 hour classes have done for me” but I don’t know. I’m going to stay positive about my classes though, I mean sometimes I feel like I learn a lot and I am getting a lot from them. I really appreciate the professors because i know they have to explain many things two or three times. They have to help individual needs as well as class needs. The role of a teacher, so important.

ps. big ups to the teachers in my life:God, Mother, Grandma, (family in general), Casey, Doria, CW, Shvonne, Prof Sweet, Sims, Pastor Gee, Alicia, and Life. Thank you.

The bus stop I go to everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment