Saturday, October 30, 2010

This and That

I must say my cooking skills have heavily improved. I have adapted to cook like Portuguese people here, which a typical dish is chicken, rice, and salad. Also I learned that an omelets is cooked anytime of the day, so I have become really good at making omelets. (Eggs are really cheap here).


Also,

The weather is changing here, its getting colder and the heat is not getting any stronger. So when it first got cold here in Coimbra I literally had 4 shirts on and two pairs of pants like everyday, but that was inside my room. Since they don’t believe in turning on the heat, yet there’s no type of heat circulating in the building. During the day its usually nicer outside than inside (weird right?) but now the heat works but only works for certain amount of hours. As I’m typing this at 2am the heat is off and won’t be back on till like tomorrow night. So when do I really feel the heat? Well approximately from 8-12, at 12 o’clock on the dot it shuts off. ;(

And I must add,

I have been missing art and feeling lose here without it. When I reflect on my old life in Madison: the bust schedule, rehearsals, meetings, classes, work, social life, performances, and DANCE!!! Man if its one thing I miss the most its DANCE, not just the class but the drummers, the people, the sweat, the way I felt after the class, I just miss everything about it. I had a slight experience like that when I went to Amsterdam and took dance classes but I need MORE. So I’ve been trying to do just that, dance! Its hard to find motivation though, get out of bed and dance by myself. (lonely)sounds a little crazy but I need it, my body misses the feelings dancing can bring.

ps Yesterday I finally woke up stretched for an hour and danced! it felt so good. I tried to do that this morning my my dance space (really the common area) was being in use, I guess I have to wake up earlier next time..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment