Sunday, October 3, 2010

Holland

So I am currently in Amsterdam, Holland(Netherlands). I have been here since last Monday to participate in the Afrovibes festival, which are dance and theatre performances from South Africa. Also I came to take dance classes and hang out with my friends from Poetry Circle Nowhere. I met them in England in July during Contacting the World-international theatre festival from groups all over the world.

At the MC theatre

Amsterdam is so amazing, since I landed in this city it has touched me. In the airport my mind was blown by all the beautiful people! Amsterdam is one of the most diverse cities in the world, it may be number one. There are so many things to see and visit and experience here. Even just walking around you find yourself finding something. Many times while I traveled here I would get lost on the tram, but it wasn't scary or anything, I ended up discovering something new. I love how everyone rides bike here, as if the whole city decided they were going to GO GREEN. I love how in the grocery stores everything is HALF the size as in the US. I love the fact that they don't give to-go boxes at restaurants. I love the fact that the bathroom is broken into two completely different rooms: the toilet room and the washing room. I could go on and on about what I love, but I want I'm going to head into the city and enjoy my last full day because i leave tomorrow afternoon.
ps..There is soo soo soo soo much more to Amsterdam than marijuana and red light district. It saddens me to know that this is the only thing that is spread in the US about Amsterdam.

There are tons of canals here gives the city a constant flow of calmness even when there are tons of people here speeding here and there. The water is so tranquil.

No comments:

Post a Comment